Monday, December 7, 2009

An Anthology

An Anthology, from end to start...

Assignment #5
This assignment was to be about layers. That's about the only direction with it, that it must involve layers. Digitally, the picture doesn't seem to make sense. In physical form it's to be the statue on a layer of acetate and the text black underneath and both are to be spray glued together. The intention is to look at the way human intentions can lead wrong. The story of Lucifer involves his iniquity making his fall from Heaven. His free choice created all evil.


Assignment #4
The point of my wallpaper was to just take old floral design prints and try adapting them to something that wouldn't be expected, bones. They turned out fairly successful, in my opinion. They could have been stronger.




Assignment #3
With an assignment just based on making a book, I stuck to what I was familiar with. I decided against making a full bound book to just go for a zine look. I wanted to capture things that push people to their edge. The final product is a lot more deteriorated than these due to it being photocopied multiple times to take the quality down.
Cover


Page 1


Pages 2-3



Pages 4-5



Pages 6-7



Pages 8-9



Pages 10-11



Pages 12-13



Pages 14-15



Pages 16-17



Pages 18-19



Page 20

Back


Assignment #2
When it came down to making text based artwork, I was unsure where to go. After realizing the blatant typo in the sentence, I was was incredibly embarrassed but I'm still not totally unhappy with this. The reason for this was to throw the phrase "follow your heart" on its side. There's not always a happy ending for every risk you take.


Assignment #1
After having a 3d sculpture in class, I was really confused as to how I should take that and turn it into a digital form. I just decided to overdo the pins that were going into the brain and make them into something really gory just because I could.

1 comment:

  1. Garrett, I am so glad you created this portfolio and I was able to see the full body of work you completed this semester; it changed your grade. It's clear you put some real effort into the work and I hope you continue to take printmaking classes in the future. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete